VANCOUVER, BC and BEAVERTON, Ore. – Sept. 21, 2011 – iQmetrix, the leading provider of retail management software for the North American wireless industry and Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR), a global leader of specialty display technology, today announced their partnership designed to provide interactive retail solutions for mobile resellers.
By enabling customers to explore products and their benefits using an interactive touch screen interface,iQmetrix’s exciting new platform, XQ Interactive Retail, transforms the mobile retail in-store experience with dynamic applications that bridge the gap between the online and in-store experience. The XQ solution is currently in early-adopter phase throughout Canada and the United States.
Using Planar System’s touchscreen solutions, wireless retailers can showcase products and information on dynamic visual displays, while facilitating the sales process for staff and providing eye-catching, rich, engaging media that adds a “wow factor” to the wireless retail space.
“Because our XQ Interactive Retail solution energizes and changes the face of the retail experience, we need the highest quality hardware to best connect with our in-store, consumer facing applications,” says Christopher Krywulak, iQmetrix’s President and CEO. “As the leading innovator of touchscreen solutions, Planar exceeded our expectations. We are pleased to be able to recommend this superior product line to our clients.”
“The collaboration between Planar and iQmetrix will make it easier than ever for wireless retailers to implement interactive visual signage and increase consumer foot traffic by providing a high-definition, touch-centric experience for customers,” says Cris Derr, Planar’s Director of Product Marketing. “With the Planar PT2285W display – retailers can take advantage of a sleek, stylish monitor that uses similar touch technology found in a variety of mobile devices and smart phones available on the market today.”
See a photo of this announcement displayed in Times Square in New York City at 8:55 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 23, 2011.
iQmetrix/XQ Facts and Highlights:
- iQmetrix is a leading provider of SaaS solutions to wireless retailers with over 10 years experience in wireless retail management.
- 10 percent of all handset purchases in North America go through the iQmetrix point of sale, with an expected 15.5 million handsets to be sold through our POS in 2011.
- XQ Interactive Retail transforms the in-store experience with applications that engage, educate and guide shoppers through the process of buying a mobile device.
- XQ Interactive Retail provides a complete solution to manage the front-of-house experience and back-of-house operations.
- XQ provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use content management system and extensive content library to streamline the content management process.
Planar Systems/PT-Series Facts and Highlights:
- Planar Systems’ PT2285W uses state-of-the-art touch technology to create a display that is beautiful and provides customers with the most dependable and high performing touch screen monitor.
- Planar touchscreen monitors feature the Planar Customer First™ warranty with 3-year, 2-day advance replacement. The PT2285Wtouchscreen monitors have no drift and don’t require recalibration, eliminating downtime.
- With more than 10 years of experience in the touch industry, Planar’s PT monitors are designed to offer end users the most sensitive and reactive touch technology available on the market today.
Founded in 1999, iQmetrix is a leading provider of retail management systems for the cellular and wireless retail and telecommunications industries. iQmetrix sells its innovative business solutions to multi-location retailers throughout North America. iQmetrix’s flagship product, RQ4, provides a fully integrated solution to manage Point-of-Sale, CRM, Inventory, Accounting, HR, Marketing, Intranet and E-Commerce. iQmetrix is a privately held company with offices located in Canada and the United States. For more information, please visit www.iQmetrix.com.
Planar Systems Inc.(NASDAQ: PLNR)is a global leader in digital display technology providing premier solutions for the world’s most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Planar solutions are used by the world’s leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners, and customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.planar.com.
Ant Hill Marketing