Date: June 27, 2013
Published on: Birdseyevieweu.wordpress.com
“Designing next-gen retail places”…
… or why and how a retail place must be organised as a “third place”.
This “white paper” published by IQmetrix confirms some spreading notions we also observe and encourage.
“The goal is to make the place a destination, not just an utilitarian space….”
To achieve this, 2 main points says this paper :
- the importance of design – mixing activities (ad business) to create long term relationship with customers The 2d point is illustrated by this article : “The future of retail : from revenue generator to R&D engine”. Read here
There is a sector actually perfectly reflecting the 2 points and massively evolving : food.
Could we find here the expression of the so called “customer experience”?
Lets come back to our “posts serie” regarding food spaces and continue this reflection :
- “Tasting on the go” – read here
- “Feeling food” – read here
- “Food & fomats” – read here
- “The dining experience, a concept?” – read here
Source : iQmetrix