iQmetrix Releases Sales Stats for Most Popular Mobile Phones in North America [INFOGRAPHIC]
VANCOUVER, BC — June 9, 2014 — iQmetrix, the leading provider of retail management software for the North American wireless industry, today released statistics on the phones sold in North America (U.S. and Canada) in the past six months (December 2013-May 2014).
iQmetrix sampled data from 15,000 store locations across North America, identifying interesting trends for the most popular mobile phone manufacturers in a variety of cities, and also for North America as a whole.
iQmetrix collects data from its RQ Retail Management system, utilized by independent wireless retailers across North America to process an estimated 14.5 million handset transactions each year. Information gathered from this substantial database provides a unique look into mobile phone, plan, add-on and accessory purchasing trends.
Key Findings (view full infographic below):
- Apple and Samsung dominated sales across North America during the past six months. Cities with the highest percentage of Apple and Samsung sales were:
- New York City: 61.1% of shoppers purchased Apple phones.
- Philadelphia: 47.8% of shoppers purchased Apple phones.
- Spokane, Wash.: 46.1% of shoppers purchased Samsung phones.
- Seattle: 45.5% of shoppers purchased Samsung phones.
- Of all the major cities in North America, Toronto had the highest percentage of BlackBerry phones purchased during the period, at 22.6% of total phones purchased.
- Glendale, Ariz. had the highest percentage of LG phones (33%) and HTC phones (21%) purchased during the period.
- Colorado Springs had the highest percentage of Nokia phones (7.2%) purchased.
- Across North America, based on all phones sold via RQ during the past six months:
- Samsung: 39% of phones
- Apple: 28%
- BlackBerry: 6%
- LG: 5.4%
- HTC: 3.9%
- Motorola: 3.2%
- Huawei: 2.9%
- Sony: 1.9%
- Overall, the top-selling phone models across Canada and the U.S. were:
1. iPhone 5s
2. Samsung Galaxy S4*
*Note: The Samsung Galaxy S5 was released on April 11, 2014, whereas the rival iPhone 5s was released on Sept. 20, 2013.
- In Canada:
- Vancouver: Samsung (35%), Apple (22%), BlackBerry (9%), other (34%)
- Toronto: Samsung (33%), Apple (20%), BlackBerry (23%), other (23%)
- Montreal: Samsung (41%), Apple (20%), LG (16%), other (23%)
An Infographic by the Team at iQmetrix iQmetrix Wireless Retail Solutions
Embed this on your site - Copy The Code Below
<a href=“http://www.iqmetrix.com/article/2014/06/iqmetrix-releases-sales-stats-most-popular-mobile-phones-north-america-infographic” target=“_blank”><img alt=“Most Popular Smartphones Sold in North America” src=“https://assets.iqmetrix.com/migration/wp-content/uploads/shared_images/Most%20Popular%20Phones%20in%20North%20America%20infographic%20-%20final%20v3.jpg” style=“width: 457px; height: 2341px;”/></a>An Infographic by the Team at <a href=“http://www.iqmetrix.com/article/2014/06/iqmetrix-releases-sales-stats-most-popular-mobile-phones-north-america-infographic”>iQmetrix Wireless Retail Solutions</a>’; ?>
At iQmetrix, we are passionate about retail. Our purpose is to create great experiences for retailers, their employees and the end consumer. Our products bridge the gap between physical and virtual retail channels, offering the latest in retail management and customer experience technology. XQ Interactive Retail brings elements of online and mobile shopping experiences into the physical store to engage and educate shoppers during the purchase process. RQ Retail Management is a complete system for managing all aspects of a store chain operation, including POS, ERP, inventory and HR. When integrated specifically for wireless retailers, XQ and RQ allow users to effectively manage back-of-house operations and the in-store customer experience. Founded in 1999, iQmetrix is a privately-held software as a service (SaaS) company with offices in Canada, the U.S. and Australia. www.iQmetrix.com