iQmetrix Canada Survey Contest
No purchase required. Contest begins on Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 3 a.m. Pacific Time and ends on Friday, April 28, 2023 at 11.59 p.m. Pacific Time. There are a total of five (5) prizes available to be won in Canada as follows: five Visa gift cards each with a retail value of one-hundred Canadian dollars (CAD $100). Skill-testing question required. Open to legal residents of Canada who are age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received before contest closes. Full rules and entry details are below.
Official Contest Rules
(the “Contest Rules”)
1. Sponsor. The iQmetrix Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by iQmetrix Software Development Corp., 1210 – 250 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 3R8 (the “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, the Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 3 a.m. Pacific Time and ends on Friday, April 28, 2023 at 11.59 p.m. Pacific Time (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
4. How to Enter. You can enter the Contest by completing an online survey or submitting your survey via regular mail.
To enter by completing the online survey, go to the survey on the Survey Monkey platform, follow the directions to complete the survey, and opt to be included in the Contest. The Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to make the website available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week during the Contest period.
You must complete the entire survey to receive an entry into the Contest. The answers to survey questions will have no effect on the ability to participate or win in the Sweepstakes. Web entries for the Contest must be received by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the Contest End Date. Any other attempts for entry via the web are void.
For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit 1 entry per person.
To enter via regular mail, hand print your name, complete address including postal code, and email address, and send to iQmetrix Draw (Marketing), 250 Howe Street - Suite 1210, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6C 3R8. Mail in entries must be postmarked by the Contest End Date. Mail-in entries must be received by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the 10th day following the Contest End Date. No copies, facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, postage-due, misdirected, or stolen mail or entries.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by the Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a nonexclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. Contest Prizes. There are five (5) prizes available to be won as follows: each prize consists of one (1) one-hundred Canadian dollars (CAD $100) Visa Gift Card, for a total of five (5) winners and a total value of CAD$500. All expenses related to the awarding and use of the prizes including surcharges, fees, and taxes (federal, provincial, state and local), are the sole responsibility of each winner.
All winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
7. Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by email correspondence with the Sponsor.
8. Winner Selection and Confirmation. On May 4, 2023 at 12pm Pacific Time at 1210 – 250 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 3R8 (“Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrants”). Selected Entrants must respond to the prize notification email within three (3) days of transmission. Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in the Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (the “Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within three (3) business days of the contest draw and will be contacted via the method provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within ten (10) business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than May 19, 2023. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (Authorized Account Holder). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
9. Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with the Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
11. Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
12. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
For residents of Quebec only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify the Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
14. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
© iQmetrix Software Development Corp. 2023. All Rights Reserved.