Brought to you by… Alphacomm
One way to solve today’s pressing inventory management challenges and supply-chain issues is to outsource the work to a third-party vendor-managed inventory (VMI) supplier. These are white-glove services that take on all the data analysis, sales forecasting, purchasing, and distribution for your retail operations, allowing you to free up resources and focus on your customer experience. Their economy of scale, and ability to forecast inventory needs, can also be extremely useful in getting around supply shortages.
Justin Drage, Vice President of Partner Management at iQmetrix and a former Chief Growth Officer at a VMI supplier, said,“Using a VMI partner and having regular cadence and insight into what’s happening at the retail stores and what the stores need to stock is incredibly helpful. Let’s say we have a purchase order for 10,000 products but 70% of them get stuck at a port. We can look at it and say okay, we’re getting 3,000 of these products, this is when we’re going to get them, and we can see the where the demand is and prioritize sending those items to our VMI clients.”
Priority on Products
This system means that VMI clients not only get the benefit of sales forecasting from the experts, but they also get first priority on products.
Drage added,“VMI clients are split between customers on a VMI program versus customers that buy via a traditional purchase order or go to the VMI supplier’s website to make a purchase. There’s just no way to forecast the demand for the latter types of customers. But with a VMI program, the supplier can see every day what the customer’s sales trends are looking like, where their needs are, and then take action. The supplier can prioritize their needs and recommend substitutions if necessary. That way, the client is not feeling the brunt of the supply chain issues, and they are not losing as much sales data as those who are more affected by the supply chain fractures we’re encountering.”
This edition of Inventory Summer School was brought to you by…
Alphacomm broke into the wireless industry in 1996 with a mission to help customers in the carrier, retail, and enterprise space.
With more than a million square feet of warehousing space, 10 million pieces of inventory, and a brand-new state of the art facility, Alphacomm is one of the most innovative manufacturing distributors in the game.
Aside from manufacturing, Alphacomm also offers a line-up of accessories to suit all your Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 devices.
Alphacomm offers only the best products from Otterbox, Speck, Tech21, Mophie, PopSocket, and so many more. And let’s not forget its own line of accessories: Quikcell! Quickcell accessories are expertly designed products built with the valuable input received from Alphacomm partners — just like you!
- Full end-to-end exclusive solutions from product design, manufacturing, procurement and supply chain management, marketing, fulfillment, U.S.-based safety stock, and end-of-life support
- 25 years’ experience working with mobile carriers and retailers on programs to increase sales and improve the customer experience
- Alphacomm manufactures house brands for four out of the six Tier 1 carriers in North America while having a deep bench of private label partners
- Global footprint with:
- Headquarters based in Lawrenceville, Georgia, with more than one million square feet of warehousing space, and a brand-new state-of-the-art facility
- Mexico City, Mexico: LATAM Sales and Distribution
- Hong Kong, China: Office Operations
- Shenzhen, China: Design, QC and Engineering Teams
- More than 40 million units manufactured annually
For more information, go to the Alphacomm partner page.