Last Updated: June 27, 2022
Personal Information processed through our “Portals” will be processed in accordance with this Policy. Portals include all websites, mobile apps, software, and any communications that facilitate:
- Viewing or submitting a job application
- Managing payroll and benefits
- Submitting, approving and managing expense reports
- Making, managing or viewing contributions to ESOP, RRSP or pension programs
- Assessing contribution
- Training and career planning
- Making travel arrangements
- And any other purposes outlined in Section 2 below
1. Your Personal Information
1.1. Information We Collect
The following are categories of Personal Information we may collect about you:
- Identifiers including protected classification characteristics: name, address, email, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, age, social security number
- Employee/Applicant records information: wage and benefit information, including but not limited to travel-related records, expense reimbursement details, benefit information, bank account details, direct deposit/credit arrangements, bonus, additional pay, variable compensation, employee identification number, contributions to ESOP, RRSP, or pensions, stock options, performance reviews and ratings, criminal record check results, IT usage information, utilization records, medical certificates, information about certain health conditions (to the extent required by law), details of health and sickness absence, drug test results
- Professional or employment-related information: current and previous employment, job duties, job location, working arrangements, seniority data, training records
- Biometric information: fingerprints, face recognition
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: photographs, videos
- Geolocation data: business travel arrangements, access logs that may include location information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), cookies
We collect the Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Voluntary interaction. Generally, Chrysalis collects Personal Information directly and transparently from you. For example, you may be asked to provide Personal Information in a Portal.
- Indirectly through your interaction. Portals may also indirectly and automatically collect information associated with your account (such as login records and access logs).
- Third parties. We may use third party services to collect additional Personal Information such as during a background check. We will obtain a valid legal basis, which may be your consent, before we seek out your Personal Information held by a third party.
2. Use of Your Personal Information
Chrysalis will only process Personal Information in as far as this is permitted or instructed by applicable law. We use the above categories of Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Hiring and recruitment
- General business operations
- People & Culture activities
- Processes required by law or regulation
- Authentication and security
- Benefits administration
- Confirmation of employment
- Processing payroll and expenses and submitting payment
- Making travel arrangements
- Immigration processes
Chrysalis may also use your Personal Information for additional purposes under a valid legal basis, such as your consent.
3. Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
Unless we have your consent or as otherwise stated in this Policy, we do not share any of your Personal Information. We share Personal Information with the following categories of recipients:
- Service providers: We provide Personal Information to our agents, technology vendors, and other service providers on a “need-to-know” basis for the purpose of facilitating the recruitment process and normal business operations, or other purposes identified in this Policy or otherwise consented to.
- Auditors and advisors: We may share Personal Information with auditors for the performance of audit functions and advisors for the provision of legal and other advice.
- Business consultants: We may share your Information with an affiliate or assign and transfer the Information to a third-party successor-in-interest in connection with, or in negotiation of a merger, acquisition, sale of substantially all our assets or stock, or similar change-in-control transaction; a financing event; or a bankruptcy or dissolution proceeding.
- Government agencies or private parties to legal proceedings: We may submit any Information we have regarding an alleged violation of law involving the Service to law enforcement, or to other governmental or regulatory entities (including pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; or upon reasonable belief that a violation of applicable law has occurred). We may also submit such Information as is required to establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
If you have questions about the recipients with which we share Personal Information, please contact us at legal@iQmetrix.com.
3.1. Cookies and Web Trackers
Chrysalis may, in the course of business, monitor employee activities, our premises, and our property. Chrysalis will only conduct monitoring in compliance with applicable laws and our own policies. When using Chrysalis equipment, employees should have a limited expectation of privacy because such monitoring may result in the collection of Personal Information from employees. Chrysalis has no duty to actively monitor employees, and will only do so for the purposes of organizational and business needs, legal and compliance, and safety and security.
5. Your Rights and Choices
Where required by applicable law, you may have certain rights with regard to your Personal Information. A summary of these rights is provided below as well as information on how to exercise your rights.
- Right to Know: You may request us to disclose the categories of Personal Information we collected about you, the purposes for which we collected, sold or disclosed that information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed the information in the last 12 months. To exercise this right, please email your request to legal@iQmetrix.com and include“Privacy Disclosure Request” in the subject line of your message.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request access to the Personal Information specific to you individually, that we collected, used, disclosed and/or sold about you in the last 12 months. To exercise this right, please email your request to legal@iQmetrix.com and include“Privacy Access Request” in the subject line of your message.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected or maintain about you. To exercise this right, please email us at legal@iQmetrix.com and include“Privacy Deletion Request” in the subject line of your message.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to block or withdraw any prior consent to the processing of your Personal Information. To exercise this right, please email us at legal@iQmetrix.com and include“Privacy Opt-Out Request” in the subject line of your message.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising the rights outlined in this section, and your use of the Portals will be limited and altered only to the extent permitted by law or as a direct and foreseeable consequence of the exercise of your rights. We may also offer certain financial incentives, charge reasonable fees related to your requests, or deny your right to know, right to access or right to deletion in accordance with applicable law.
You can exercise these rights yourself or you can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. If you would like an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf, please send us an email at legal@iQmetrix.com for instructions and details on proof and information required for use of an authorized agent.
Please note that we may retain certain Personal Information as required or permitted by applicable law. When requesting the exercise of any of your rights, we may request specific information from you to confirm your identity and, accordingly, verify and respond to such requests.
6. General Provisions
6.1. Information Security
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Third parties with whom Chrysalis has shared your Personal Information are also subject to administrative and technical safeguards to ensure the security of your Personal Information.
6.2. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your Personal Information may be shared to Chrysalis affiliates or third parties which may be located in countries different from your own and may not provide the same level of data protection. For example, Personal Information will likely be transferred to the United States or Canada for processing. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), your Personal Information may be shared with countries outside of the EEA, including countries which have not been granted an adequacy decision by the European Commission. Chrysalis will use appropriate safeguards to ensure protection for cross-border data transfers, including the use of European Commission standard contractual clauses, as required by applicable law. For more information, you may contact us at legal@iQmetrix.com.
If your job application is not successful, Chrysalis will retain your Personal Information after the application process for the purposes of (i) contacting you for future job vacancies, (ii) meeting recordkeeping requirements, and (iii) for potential use in legal proceedings. Applications will be automatically deleted after 1 year, unless manually flagged and kept for one of the purposes above.
6.4. Changes to this Policy
This Policy will change from time to time, for example, to maintain compliance with applicable law and regulations. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time in our sole discretion by posting the most recent version (which shall supersede any other version and become effective as of the last updated date indicated) on the website. Your continued use of the Service following posting of these changes constitutes acceptance of the terms as they exist at the time of your usage.
You may also have the right to raise a question or concern with the relevant government data protection authority in the jurisdiction in which you reside.
6.6. Contact Us
For any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at legal@iQmetrix.com or at 1−888−888−8170.