Data-driven subscriptions (DDS) allow you to dynamically maintain an email list based on BI data.
For example, you want to send email subscriptions to all employees with sales or punched hours in the month. One DDS can now send each individual employee their own version of the report!
A detailed, video walk-through can be streamed here: https://iqmetrix.webex.com/iqmetrix/lsr.php?RCID=1fe137a64d4d43a8991dc0c629583ac6
Here is a handy list of steps for creating data-driven subscriptions:
- Open the drop-down menu > “Manage”
- New Data-Driven Subscription
- Name it.
- Select Data Source.
- Supply a query that returns a list of e-mail addresses and locations.
5. a) CTRL+C / CTRL+V
- Use “Email” field in query results to supply e-mail recipients from database.
- Use “Location” field in query results to supply location report parameter.
- Select a delivery schedule.
If you have any questions about this feature or BI in general, email us at training@iQmetrix.com or contact your Account Manager directly.