The following blog was written by iQmetrix Integrated Partner, Envysion. They outline how a customer’s path to purchase can be made great with the help of your well-trained employees.
You’re watching from across the room as one of your sales employees works with a customer. Your employee hasn’t looked up to make eye contact with the customer in more than two minutes while the customer is anxiously shifting their weight from foot to foot; you cringe as you count the seconds go by.On the opposite side of the room, you see another employee engaging with a customer, making mindful eye contact, smiling, and gesturing in a way that is helpful to the customer in finding what they need; the customer looks relaxed and entertained. You can’t help but observe the subtleties and differences between your employees’ behaviors when you’re inside one of your wireless retail locations, but when you aren’t in-store watching, who is?
Monitor Behaviors with Managed Video Solutions
Managed video solutions give wireless retail owners the opportunity to monitor and coach employee behaviors using integrated video surveillance, captured audio, and corresponding sales data. Imagine being able to easily capture and share the video and audio from the two customer experiences you observed earlier. You can show the first employee and how he avoided eye contact: use this as learning opportunity, encouraging him to be more personable with customers. With the footage of the ideal customer experience as an example, you can reward the engaged employee for her behavior and increase expectations among other employees and managers using a real-life sales floor interaction as your example.
When looking to create a great experience for your shoppers, your employees can remember these quick tips:
6 Ways to Improve Your Customer Experience
- Quickly Identify Follow Up Training Opportunities: Lead by video example! It’s hard to enact behavioral change when you’re only coaching from data or you’re not on-site to observe an incident first hand. Proactively coach your staff by saving clips of best practices to share with your team.
- Follow Up After Behavioral Coaching: Monitor customer interactions after a behavioral coaching session to see if employees are remaining accountable. Follow up with an employee that you’ve trained to include more discovery questions in her sales process after reviewing her subsequent transactions. Reward her for doing a great job or decide how to move forward with additional coaching if she needs more guidance on how to be the best associate on the floor.
- Empower Managers to Coach Behaviors: Boost profitability by empowering your managers to coach for behaviors – not numbers. Give staff tangible real-life examples with clips of best-case customer interactions to inspire and reward employees.
- Encourage Employees to Self-Assess: Allow and encourage employees to review the footage from their own sales transactions. This will allow them to self-assess their behavior and find room for improvement on their own accord; autonomy breeds accountability.
- Identify and Reward Best Practices: Managed video solutions aren’t simply for optimizing poor performance issues. Wireless retail owners can leverage captured video to identify and establish “best practices” for your whole team. Reward employees for particularly outstanding behavior when you review positive customer experiences, and share these scenarios as ways other associates can be even better than they are now.
- Increase Leverage from Customer Feedback Surveys: Unsure how to process some of the feedback you’re receiving from recent customer experience surveys? Call up the corresponding surveillance footage, audio, and transactional data to get the full picture. Find out whether or not you can support your employee or your customer’s claim with data proof. Don’t give in to a customer’s complaint simply because you don’t know the whole story.
Streamline HR & Legal Claims
In addition to using your captured surveillance footage to coach employee behaviors, you can also leverage this same content to streamline all of your human resources and legal claims. Review, download, and share the corresponding video footage to dispute or verify any claim. Envysion’s managed video solutions provide verified incidents straight to your inbox so you can track incidents from creation through to close and ensure proper resolution of HR, legal and compliance issues and promote accountability throughout your organization.
It’s all in the training! You have the know-how and with Envysion, you’ll have the tools to make your sales team unparalleled in providing exceptional customer service. It’s a win-win.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with the experts in next-generation managed retail video for all the details.