In our Part 1 of our RQ reporting series, 11 Key Reports, we identified some of the top reports clients consistently use in RQ. Building on the basics of reporting, we now bring you some of the fantastic customizations available to you within RQ reporting. Here's how to get started with custom reports:
1. Searching: Go to the Reports Console, there you can search for the required report.
If you know the name of the report you are looking for, type it into the Report Search to find it.
Another way to search for the required report is to select the category on the left side of the page. This will open a list of all the reports relating to that topic.
If you like, you can then select the star to add any report to My Favorites.
2. Custom Reports: The "Add to Custom Report Button" is a way to save a custom view of any report.
3. Sorting: Click on any column title in a report to sort that field in order. The example shown is for Date, however, you can sort your grid by names, dollar amounts, etc.
4. Remove Columns: If a report contains unnecessary columns, they can be removed with a simple right click. Right click on the column header to be presented with a drop down menu where you can deselect the columns you don't want to see.
5. Group Data: Drag any column header to the top of the report to use the Group By Feature - grouping your data by the field. This feature can be used to easily group your Invoices By Day, or Product By Category, Sales Rep or Location.
6. Sharing Reports: Custom report views can be shared to others by adding in teams (HR roles) or individuals. For more on HR roles, click here.
7. Freeze Panes: Freeze columns so that they are always in view as you scroll horizontally. Just click on the thin line to the left of the first grid column in the header section and then drag it to the right past the columns you want to freeze.
8. Print and Export: Print and Export (to Excel) in the top right hand corner of all reports.