Did you know BI can be used to pull In-stock Quantities and Costs by location or product?
In this quick this example, we will walk you through setting up an In-stock report by location for your handset inventory.
- Begin by opening template "100 - smp - Date Single Day Inventory".
- Choose “Save As” and name your report: On Hand By Location.
- Next, open the query builder.
- Right click on the data in view to "Clear Grid."
- Navigate to the inventory activity measures — advanced inventory measures group.
Open up that measure group and add in "Instock Cost" and "Instock Qty".
- To report by location, we will need to Add Regions and Stores.Regions and Stores to the query.
- Change the existing category and product filter to point/default from all products to your handset category.
- Choose "OK" to move on the design screen.
- From within the design screen, drag your values onto the existing table -- removing the items you do not need.
- Format the Cost column into dollars. And you are done!
To learn more, join us for weekly training and How-To’s on report building and design during our BI Q&A: Mondays at 2 p.m. EST.
Looking for help with report building/creation? Contact our team at training@iQmetrix.com.