New phone announcements create tremendous opportunity for businesses to increase revenue by transforming that customers excitement into Sales. RQ allows for deposits from customer Activations without having to have the serial number of the phone.
To set this up:
- Create your new phone like normal, and add it to the pricing sheet.
- Within the Settings Console, click on: General Settings - Location Setup - Sales Setup. Then check off Launch PAW on sales orders. Do NOT check off Force serial # entry on Sales Orders. You will need to do this for each location that reserve sales will be performed at.
- All workstations will need to be logged out of RQ for these changes to take effect.
- This will allow your employees to take a deposit from customers on a Sales Order and then start the activation process, giving the customer a feeling that they purchased their phone and not just that they have placed a deposit on a phone.
- Employees need to create a Sales Order at the point of original sale with the customer.
o Creating a Sales Order Help file http://support.iqmetrix.com/entries/502105?challenge=koek4002qo3co2h
o Updating a Sales Order Help file http://support.iqmetrix.com/entries/502106
- When you receive those phones in on Purchase Order, RQ will alert you that you have Open Sales Orders for these Phones.
- Clicking YES will open the Products Committed on Sales Orders Report. You can then see which customers are waiting for these phones and have your staff call to inform them that their device has arrived.
So, with just a few simple settings in RQ you’ll be all set to increase customer satisfaction, reduce customer churn and better control your inventory of new devices!