LAS VEGAS – May 21, 2013 – To help retailers incorporate mobile and omnichannel technology and connect with today’s consumer, iQmetrix is announcing a number of new features to its suite of in-store retail solutions at CTIA 2013. iQmetrix is showcasing these along with a number of partner items at Booth #1145: XQ Browse for iPad, ISIS mobile payment, XQ metrics, RQ4-Chatterspot integration, and the new B.I. for RQ4.
“Our theme for CTIA 2013 is ‘Rethink Retail: Connecting with Today’s Consumer,’” says Christopher Krywulak, iQmetrix President and CEO. “Today’s consumers are seeking a faster, more convenient shopping experience and our XQ and RQ solutions bring new technology into the store to help deliver the experience they’re looking for.”
Below is a breakdown of each of the new features from iQmetrix:
- XQ Browse for iPad app: XQ Browse for iPad enhances the in-store experience with on-demand product information for consumers and staff. The app offers flexible usage options from a self-service touchscreen, in-store mobile sales tool or mobile digital catalog for B2B sales reps.
- ISIS Mobile Payment: RQ4 now accepts payment through the ISIS Mobile Wallet, a new NFC-based payment system that allows users to tap their phone to pay at the point of sale. ISIS is supported by three of the four major U.S. carriers: Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
- XQ Metrics: XQ introduces new metrics to provide clients more insight into how consumers are interacting with XQ touchscreen displays in their stores. Clients can track touch traffic over time and compare performance of different content across stores and displays.
- Chatterspot: New RQ4-Integrated Partner. Chatterspot’s exciting customer loyalty and marketing automation software will soon be integrated with RQ4. This new integration will allow clients to use RQ4 CRM data to better manage customer relationships and personalize marketing messages via text and email.
- New RQ4 B.I. Showcase: Fully customizable and scalable, the New B.I. features an improved user interface, accessible via computer, tablet or mobile device. The New B.I. builds on standard RQ4 reporting with in-depth operational data sets and tools to quickly analyze patterns and trends, answer critical questions, and make well-informed business decisions.
iQmetrix has also invited reps from a number of its partner companies to the booth (#1145) to demo their products and services. These partners include: Chatterspot, Chase Paymentech, Envysion, Phobio, ProtectCELL and Qmadix. In keeping with the “Connecting with Today’s Consumer” theme, each of the partner solutions showcased at the booth contributes to enhancing the in-store experience as well.
“2013 is an exciting year for our company and we’re looking forward to showing CTIA attendees the breadth and versatility of our product lineup,” Krywulak adds.
At iQmetrix, we are passionate about retail. Our purpose is to create great experiences for retailers, their employees and the end consumer. Our products bridge the gap between physical and virtual retail channels, offering the latest in retail management and customer experience technology. XQ Interactive Retail brings elements of online and mobile shopping experiences into the physical store to engage and educate shoppers during the purchase process. RQ4 Retail Management is a complete system for managing all aspects of a store chain operation, including POS, ERP, inventory and HR. When integrated specifically for wireless retailers, XQ and RQ allow users to effectively manage back-of-house operations and the in-store customer experience. Founded in 1999, iQmetrix is a privately-held software as a service (SaaS) company with offices in Canada and the United States. www.iQmetrix.com