Last week, Jerome, Tom, Julian and John hosted an information session to kick off the Bike to Work Week in Vancouver (May 28-June 1). They went over why you should bike, why you shouldn’t bike, and then counteracting the reasons why you shouldn’t bike to rally and motivate the office.
- Well attended (12-15 people)
- Wet weather poncho demonstration by Jerome using bat cape
- Folding bicycle demonstration which grabbed certain execs' attention walking by... Christopher
What's no. #1 standout and Quote
- Cris Danes biking from Deep Cove:
"Cris Danes is an animal!" - Jerome V.
- Gavin biking from Brentwood:
"Gavin was a stellar standout as new bike commuter" - Tom D.
Takeaway from Bike to Work Week this year:
Jerome, Tom and other current commuters found that people's issues with biking to work can be attributed to anxiety of their perceived bike routes. The event made people aware of alternative routes, alleviating anxiety and empowering first-time commuters.