A new report from BI Intelligence, announced today, "explores the top five in-store technologies that represent the future of retail."
But what immediately struck me -- without downloading the full report itself -- was the graph (shown above) listing PwC's 6 reasons why customers prefer to shop in-store instead of online. These reasons are as follows:
- I am able to see, touch and try merchandise (60%)
- To get the product immediately (53%)
- I'm more certain about fit/suitability of the product (33%)
- I'm able to return items easily (22%)
- To support local retailers (13%)
- I simply enjoy shopping in the physical store because of the atmosphere (13%)
There's nothing shocking with these findings, by any means, but it's interesting to see statistical values attached to each of these reasons.