Bashar shared an in-depth look at how various fulfillment models can enable shipping programs like ‘Ship from Store’ and ‘Click and Collect’ to boost conversion.
The business that we're in is one of the most exciting.
- Bashar Nejdawi
According to Bashar, the reason why this subject of retail and store fulfillment is so compelling is that most of the change we have seen in our business has been because of the store - the retail business.
In the next 5 years, the mobile store as we know it today won't exist.
Bashar emphasized that the way this whole smartphone category has taken off has been huge. The smartphone is no longer just a phone. He recounted that one of the most amazing things when recently talking to his mother back in Jordan was that she wanted to go get "a phone that is smart." The way Bashar's mother is using this phone today has basically changed everything for her. She got rid of her land line and is a great example of how behaviors change.
The phone has become a hub of your personal digital ecosystem.
- Tablets - size matters. Almost everyone on Bashar's plane the other day was using a tablet. Not mainly business people but kids using it for entertainment. What we are using these devices for is going to be a huge game changer. It's all about the screen.
- Wearables - 129% global sales growth in 2014. 59% of those sales are wristbands. Over half of wearables sold in 2018 to be smartwatches (CCS Insight).
- Mobility Smart Home - connected home. A huge number of connected devices for the home will be coming through the channel.
- Mobility Entertainment - includes speakers, headphones etc.
- Mobility Cases - 75% of U.S. smartphone users have a case on their phone (NPD). 17% growth of mobile phone case unit sales in 2013.
- Mobility Power - 8 billion mobile devices globally requiring power solutions by 2019 (ABI Research).
- Mobility Care - insurance, warranty, upgrade/exchange, in-store repair/replacement, recycle, data-wiping, copy, migration, content delivery, training and customization.